четвер, 21 травня 2015 р.

Food. In a Café.


Theme: Food. In a Café.
Objectives:  -to revise vocabulary on the topic;
                      -to develop pupils’ listening , reading and speaking skills;
                      -to work on the lexical structures “I like…/ I don’t like…”;
                       “I prefer … to…”; “He/she likes/doesn’t like…”
                      -to practice pair and group work.
Equipment: a tape recorder, cassette with the dialogues, cassette with                                                                            
                      the songs, handouts, collage, slides.
   
                                       Procedure

I. Introduction
T: Today we’re going to speak about “Food”. We’ll read, review useful vocabulary, we’ll talk about your likes and dislikes in food. We have a lot to do.
II. Warming-up
T: By the way I’m very happy today. Yesterday I ate many tasty dishes. Can you guess what did I eat yesterday?
P: Did you eat pizza? …
T: Yesterday I ate salad, fish, pizza, chips. And what about you?
What did you eat yesterday?
Did you go to the café yesterday? Now we’re going to the “Crazy Café”
(Song “Crazy Café”)
III. Phonetic Drills
T: Some of you like pizza, cheese, sausages. Boys like juice, orange and cola. As for me I like sandwich, cheese, chicken, ketchup most of all. Repeat, please.


sandwich                           juice
cheese                                jam
chicken                              orange
ketchup                              jelly

IV. Vocabulary Work    
1)T: Look here. Here you can see many tasty things: salad, milk, coffee, tea. As for me I prefer tea to coffee. And what about you?
2)T: Now look at the blackboard. What are your associations with the word “food”? (Slide 1).

 





3) Put the missing letters in the words
C…ke, m…lk, pi…za, fi…h, te…, s…lad, bur…ers, i…e cream, w…ter,                   
cere…l, mi…lk.(Slide2).
4) Divide the words into two lists: healthy food and unhealthy food. (Slide3).

 V. Pair Work
T: What do you like to eat? I think Valera likes burgers. I know that Ira likes to drink cola. To my mind Yana likes to drink orange juice.Work in pairs and ask your partner about his or her likes and dislikes.I’ll give you two minutes.(Slide4).
VI. Writing
T: Open your grammar books on p.54, ex.85. Look at the table and write what they like and what they don’t like. For example: Caroline likes chicken, fish and pizza. She doesn’t like burgers and eggs.
VII. Relaxation
T: I think that you need some rest. Let’s sing a song “Do you have pizza?”
VIII. Reading
1) Pre-Reading Task
T: And now we’ll return to our café. Look at the blackboard and repeat the key-words after me.
         a cafe
a toast
a hamburger
cola
2) While-Reading Task
T: Read the text “In a Café “ and answer the questions after the text.
3) Post-Reading Task
T: Answer the questions after the text.
IX. Listening
1) Pre-Listening Task
T: My family and I like to go to the restaurant very much. And my friends like to go to the restaurant too. One of my friend’s from Great Britain visits restaurant very often with his friends. Now they are in the restaurant too. Listen to them and complete the chart in your Activity Book on page 69.
2) While-Listening Task
T: Complete the Chart
3) Post-Listening Task
T: Let’s check up.
P1: Dustin wants a piece of cake and a cup of tea.
P2: Brett wants a bowl of soup and a piece of bread.
P3: Emma wants a piece of pizza and a glass of orange juice.

X. Speaking
T: Work in two groups. Open your pupils’ book on p.69. Pretend that you are in a café or in a restaurant. Look at the menu and choose three things from the menu.(Slide5).
XI. Game “Cookie”.
By the way : Who took cookies from the cookie jar? I think Dasha took the cookie from the cookie jar.
D: Who me?
Ch: Yes, you.
D: Not me.
Ch:Then who?
D: Valera took the cookies from the cookie jar. ….(Slide6).

XII. Summing-up.
T: So, let’s sum-up our today’s work. We did a lot of things: we wrote, we listened to the dialogue, we sang songs and so one. You’ve worked hard today. I think it’s high time to give and receive complements.
Your marks are…
XIII. Homework
Your homework for the next lesson is ex.86, p.54.

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар